After the Windows OS update most of them are facing issue in accessing their mailbox when they logged in to Outlook account. It displayed
“Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. File access is denied. You do not have the permission required to access the file
C:\Yous\you name\Documents\Outlook Files\Outlook.pst. “
Well, if you are one among them then go through this page, here is a solution for such issues. Firstly, let us know the reason behind this Outlook Error:
This usually happens when
- If you forget to set the permission to access Outlook PST file
- You have logged on to their old MS Outlook account using updated Windows with local account.
- If you don’t know about the statistic that the Outlook PST files are still used.
How to resolve this error?
You can easily get rid of such errors by changing the permission to access their PST file. Well, here are the steps to set permission to their PST file.
- Initially, go to file location: C:\Yous\you name\Documents\Outlook Files\Outlook.pst.
- Then point to File menu and select Properties and choose Security Tab.
- Now hit on Edit button and choose user account.
- Then select the option “Full control” permission.
- Later, close all dialogue box by clicking on OK button
- Finally restart your Outlook
Just by changing settings, you can resolve this problem but if fails then there are possibilities that PST file may get corrupt further. In such situation, you may go with scanpst.exe which is an in-built Outlook repair tool. This tool identifies the PST file issues and tries to fix it. While repairing this tool scans your PST file, identifies issues and tries to rebuild the structure of the file. But, this tool works on the original PST file, so if it fails to fix Outlook problems then the PST file may get further modified and it may reduce the chances of recovery even further.
Also, until Outlook 2007 version, you need to search the scanpst.exe location manually to repair PST file. However, the location of ScanPST varies for different Outlook versions. But from Outlook 2010 onwards, Inbox Repair tool runs automatically to fix issues.
If ScanPST fails to fix the issue, do you think your Outlook data is lost forever?
No, not at all! If scanpst.exe fails to fix inaccessible PST file after Windows 10 upgrade then download and install Remo Outlook PST Repair tool. This application provides simple steps to fix the corrupt Outlook file securely without losing any of your Outlook attributes. With this tool, you can also perform following functions:
- Repairs Outlook Profiles.
- Restores deleted Outlook attributes from Deleted Items folder.
- Fixes PST file issues when it refuses to open and shows up error messages.
- The utility can repair password protected or encrypted PST files.
- After fixing PST file, entire Outlook attributes such as emails, contacts, tasks, calendar items, RSS feeds, and others will be recovered and accessible as before.