How to Import Outlook PST File
Microsoft Outlook automatically stores messages, contacts, appointments, tasks, notes, and journal entries and other Outlook attributes in a personal storage folder, also known as a .pst file, on your hard disk drive.
Imagine you want to upgrade your system to newer Outlook version. Upgrading is an exciting experience but at the same time it is also risky to move entire Outlook data to a new environment. As manual backup comprises of only certain attributes but personalized Outlook settings are not saved inside the PST file. Losing such information without having backup causes lot of difficulties while re-configuring Outlook and one has to start from beginning is horrible situation. Instead if you have the backup of these settings, you need not to add “Send and Receive” settings, custom dictionaries etc once again while importing to new location.
However, in order to solve the above issues, make use of Remo Outlook Backup & Migrate tool which helps to import entire Outlook data along with account settings efficiently.
Few instances where Remo Outlook Backup and Migrate can be used for importing Outlook PST files
- When you want to upgrade your Outlook to a higher version like while moving from Outlook 2007 to 2013, Outlook 2010 to 2013, Outlook 2010 to latest version of Microsoft Office 365 etc.,
- Moving from one computer to another computer
- When you want to reinstall Windows Operating System
- Upgrading your Microsoft Windows OS like Vista to Windows 7, Windows 7 to Windows 8, Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, etc
- In case of formatting or re-formatting system
Remo Outlook Backup and Migrate to import Outlook data securely
Remo Outlook Backup and Migrate facilitates quick import of Outlook PST files. Before importing a PST file, it is necessary to take backup of Outlook data. However, tool is provided with backup option which is initially performed and later moves to a new environment. Application provides you with two customized options for backing up of outlook attributes. i.e., smart backup option facilitates to backup any Outlook attributes like emails, calendars, contacts etc from Outlook profile and advanced backup option allows you to take backup of only required attributes. Besides, the tool is handy and the simple user interface helps you to import Outlook Data file securely in couple of minutes. Once when the process is completed you can view all your Outlook attributes. Also facilitates you with an option to generate unlimited number of backup profiles.
Other helpful features of Remo Outlook Backup and Migrate
- The in-built scheduler that guides you to backup Outlook data automatically as per the scheduled event at regular intervals. It can be on daily, weekly or monthly basis.
- In order to save disk space tool you can compressing backup files.
- Allows you to protect backup data by providing password through which you can restrict unauthorized users to access it.
- You can split large sized file to match the storage capacity of the destination
- Creates four restore points, which can be used incase if you want to move back to previous Outlook state
- Creates backup of all required Outlook attributes and lets you to save on storage devices like CD, DVD, hard drives of your choice